CREW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Closing the DAYZ servers TEMPORARILY

4 posters

Go down

Closing the DAYZ servers TEMPORARILY Empty Closing the DAYZ servers TEMPORARILY

Post by M3DiC Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:36 pm

It's been fun, but fun doesn't always last. Sadly our population has dwindled down to almost nothing and despite our best efforts to spark some growth it hasn't changed.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR CREW?
Not much will really change.
We still love DayZ and we will still play at our leisure... just on different servers.
We will still have a teamspeak available (ts.dayzcrew.com).
We will still have the forum available.

We will hopefully return to hosting DayZ Servers as usual when 0.61 comes out however until then its unfair to have our admins and members pump a lot of money into a server that has a low population, but dont worry! Users with current WL access will retain their access if the CREW servers go live again when .61 comes out.

Happy hunting
M3DiC
M3DiC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Closing the DAYZ servers TEMPORARILY Empty Re: Closing the DAYZ servers TEMPORARILY

Post by gh0st op Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:20 am

.61 EXP is definitely a fresh breath of air from .60

I think taking a break until .61 comes out is a good idea. Give .61 EXP a chance, the game is a lot more responsive, dynamic shadows, the audio is a GAME CHANGER! There are loads more zombies around.

Numbers will definitely return with .61! I hope to see everyone there!
gh0st op
gh0st op

Back to top Go down

Closing the DAYZ servers TEMPORARILY Empty Re: Closing the DAYZ servers TEMPORARILY

Post by Raging Trojan Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:51 pm

Indeed Ghost, I think most players are bummed to hell with 0.60, was a good update for DayZ's usability but didn't add much in terms of actual content. Hopefully 0.61 will bring people back and we can re-build our player-base Razz
Raging Trojan
Raging Trojan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Schleprock Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:37 am

I don't know about bummed. I and several of my friends enjoyed playing and recommended the server to everyone who would listen.

I was paying to play in fact. I payed in advance for several friends also.

It is a shame that this decision could not have been shared in advance of my payments. I was on nearly everyday. Now I am bummed.

This is the point where I would normally thank someone but I feel rather misled and cheated.

Mad Evil or Very Mad Sad Evil or Very Mad Mad Suspect

Last edited by Schleprock on Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Schleprock
Schleprock

Back to top Go down

Post by Raging Trojan Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:18 pm

Was not our intention in any way Schleprock, we sank as much time and money into the server as possible for the last couple months even with the dwindled player base however we simply could not ask people like Yakmouth and other members to fork out another $150 for a month of an empty server. As mentioned, if and when the servers come back up (probably when 0.61 goes stable if at all) you will still have WL access and be welcomed back. I apologise if you feel mislead or cheated but we needed to make a decision...
Raging Trojan
Raging Trojan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M3DiC Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:07 pm

I can understand your frustration but donations were just that. The goal was keeping the servers open and making a donation never guaranteed anything, including the server staying open. In fact the only thing it guaranteed was gratitude from us and the community. I'm sorry if you donated under any other impression however the donation/WL stickied post spelled things out pretty clearly. All told donations were a tremendous help and incredibly appreciated but they accounted for 30% of the monthly expenses if we were lucky. Trust me this decision was not taken lightly but ultimately it was our decision to make. I hope you can understand.
M3DiC
M3DiC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum