CREW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion to get more people on the server more consistently

3 posters

CREW :: Dayz :: General

Go down

Suggestion to get more people on the server more consistently Empty Suggestion to get more people on the server more consistently

Post by lostrope Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:06 pm

Hey thar, Ive been playing on this server with some friends for a while now. I really like it and 'most' people I've encountered have been friendly. (Been killed twice, but not without interaction. After all, its what DayZ's all about!)

So far, I really enjoy this private server you guys have here, but more often than not I cannot find any people or the loot has been searched already. This is due to two things:

1: My work schedule interferes with the server's restart schedule. I find myself logging in long after the restart and most popular loot has been taken. This also means that I rarely see the server with more than ~25 people.

2: The server doesn't restart often enough. While Im grateful that it isn't the default 12hr restart times, I do wish that it was slightly more frequent than 3 times a day at 8hr intervals. I would agree that something like 2hr restarts is excessive but I think that if it were changed to 6hr restarts/4 times a day, it would push the server to more popularity.

More loot, more people, more interaction, more fun!  pig

Honestly, this is my only quarrel with the server as it stands. Otherwise, it's damn near perfect.
Hopefully, other users share my sentiment. I want to play on this server almost exclusively but I'm finding it to be too barren in terms of loot and people more often than not. The rest of my play group would agree with me but ultimately its up to you guys, of course.

Thanks for reading and I do hope I can persuade the admins/owner in to some sort of change. If this was a 6hr restart server, it'd be bumpin 24/7!

lostrope

Back to top Go down

Suggestion to get more people on the server more consistently Empty Re: Suggestion to get more people on the server more consistently

Post by YAKMOUTH Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:56 pm

Thank for you...its awesome to get others insight on our server and we are trying new things and trying to build a best player base we can. Again Thank you and we will look into more ideas that are given.

Yak,
YAKMOUTH
YAKMOUTH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Suggestion to get more people on the server more consistently Empty Re: Suggestion to get more people on the server more consistently

Post by Raging Trojan Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:20 pm

Thank you for your input lostrope, Glad to hear that we have some people enjoying our server Very Happy

As per the restart thing, during the lifetime of the CREW we have switched between various restart schedules, form 4hr to 12hr and now that we have complete control over it, we have set it to 8hr intervals for two reasons:

1. Server Population - One of the main problems that is affecting many DayZ servers currently is the population of DayZ as a whole has dwindled since the release of .60 and in our current state, when the server restarts, only up to 60% of the players online before the restart usually return. For this reason we opted for longer restart intervals than fewer.

2. Loot Production - With the introduction of the central loot economy (CLE), loot across any DayZ server is distrubited based on what has already been looted and available locations for that loot to spawn. Meaning you will often find towns that are "off the beaten track" are more rewarding than most, in addition server restarts have little to no effect on the loot of a server unfortunately unlike in past times. When a server restarts, it will "shuffle" the loot and distribute it evenly accross the map but it only takes a group of say 2-3 to completely clean out an entire area. Henceforth that area may appear barren until the next server restart apart from a small amount of loot. I personally have never had any problems finding loot since the CLE was introduced, you just gotta keep looking! Or find one of out hidden bases we have set up across the map Razz
Raging Trojan
Raging Trojan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raging Trojan Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:34 pm

I should also note that we do change the server restart schedule depending on the circumstances, for example at a time when our server was practically 40% of each day, we did have a 4hr restart cycle to prevent server crashes due to inherent problems with DayZ memory leaks as a server runs. Currently CREW does not have enough demand to warrant the frequent restarts unfortunately.
Raging Trojan
Raging Trojan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down